Pacific Rim Alliance is all about skiing. We were formed with the express notion of never having to attend a meeting. Originally we were all about skiing exotic resorts in Europe, South America and New Zealand. These trips have been scaled back due to the weak economy. We are now resuming them.
We have gotten into the groove of running early and late season ski weeks to Big White Ski Resorts in Canada. These trips run about $700 per person for a week and include hotel lodging (double occupancy), 6-day lift ticket, ground transfer from/to the Kelowna airport and various parties. We believe that Big White offers the best and most consistent early and late snow.
We do not offer Mammoth trips since there are so many ski clubs in both the Los Angeles Council and San Diego Council that run quality affordable bus trips to Mammoth. Just ask us and we’ll direct you. We occasionally join Far West or on of the Councils on their trips. The informations regarding their trips on posted on this website and in our newsletter.
This policy applies to all persons participating in a Pacific Rim Alliance Event. All participants are requested to observe common courtesy and generally accepted standards of social and moral behavior.
- There is a Zero Tolerance Policy on illegal drug use at any sponsored event or trip.
- Alcohol and tobacco use is allowed in moderation and where permitted by law.
- There is a strict policy prohibiting sexual harassment and harassment because of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, disability, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, age, or any other basis made unlawful by any applicable law or ordinance or regulation.
- Profanity and off-color humor is only permitted if it is not offensive to other participants.
- Parents/Legal Guardians of minor children under the age of 18 are responsible for the supervision and behavior of their children.
- Board Members will attempt to resolve problems in a mutually beneficial manner. When resolution cannot be achieved, the proper authority will be called to resolve the problem.
- Participants who violate our Conduct Policy may be excluded from future trips without reimbursement of expenses.
We are a 503(c)7 not-for-profit corporation founded in 1997 and incorporated in the state of Nevada. We file a Form 990 yearly. A currently copy of our Bylaws and Articles of Incorporation can be found via a link under "About the Alliance." We have a CST number CST #2113340-40 even though on our trips people generally get their own air.
Membership Liability Waivers are required for all members. In addition, a Liability Waiver is required for participants on all our trips and events. Trip waivers are included in trip packages mailed out to all participants and available on the trip page.
We have a collection of skiing history of skiing in LA, ski clubs, councils, the Far West Ski Association and ski resorts in the west. It is a work in progress updated regularly by our Club historian. If you have any history you would like to share, contact Catherine Ohl at email@example.com. Visit our web site at pacificrimalliance.org/history/html to see what we have put together.
FWSA Recognition Program
Far West Ski Association has an extensive recognition and awards program. There are a number of programs for individuals. Submittal deadline is March 20. Details and applications can be found at http://fwsa.org/MemberCorner/Programs/programs.html. There are some great prizes available for individuals.
- Safety Person of the Year wins a $750 certificate towards a trip to Teluride, CO.
- Ski Heritage Awardee wins a 7-day ski trip for two to Aspen/Snowmass, CO with air, lodging, transportation lift tickets and rentals for two persons.
- Environmental Awardee a 7-day ski trip for two to Aspen/Snowmass, CO with lodging, transportation lift tickets and rentals for two persons.
National Learn-to-Ski & Safety Months
Do you have a friend who wants to learn to ski but doesn't want to go with people who already know how to ski. We encourage our members to participate in the National Bring-A-Friend challenge (www.bringafriend.org/). There are some incredible deals for first time skiers. It’s a great way to get your friends safely on the slopes. Another significant program is National Ski Safety Month (www.nsaa.org/safety-programs/national-safety-month/).