Big White, British Columbia, Canada
Catch the 2010 Olympic Fever
February 6-15, 2010
$899* USD + return air + $215 port fees
Basic Trip - Big White - Olympic News - Insurance
Cruise Info - Cruise Upgrades - Cruise Dining - Victoria - Excursions
Latest Air Info - FAQs - Sign-up Form
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the single supplement price?
- Single supplement for basic trip is $450.
The single supplement on the cruise upgrade is double the upgrade price, i.e., the outside stateroom would be $80 more, balcony would be $200, mini-suite would be $600, penthouse would be $800.
For extended days in Big White, single supplement is $70 per day.
Are children able to go on this trip?
- Absolutely. Price for children under 18 staying in the same room as their parents is $509. There are special programs for kids while on board the ship and in Big White.
Is there any additional discounts or upgrades for frequent NCL cruisers?
- NCL has confirmed that there are no “freebies or upgrades” for members as this is not a regular NCL cruise. From their view, it's a special charter.
Is the $50 on-board credit per person or per cabin?
Is there a senior discount?
- There is a $38 credit for seniors over 65 on the lift ticket at Big White.
When and where does the ship depart?
- The port in Los Angeles is at San Pedro. Nearby airports are Long Beach and LAX. Ship departs at 5 pm and all guests must be on board and checked in by 3 pm.
Is there transportation to San Pedro from San Diego?
- If enough people out of San Diego are interested, we will arrange transportation for the group to the ship on February 6, 2010. If you have any better suggestions let us know.
What time is the return flight from Kelowna?
- When you arrange your return flight, you can schedule it for any time. Since we won't be leaving as a group, we've priced the transportation accordingly.
Can I bring my skis and boots on the ship?
- You can bring skis and gear on the ship. Since your flight home should be international, you will not be charged for baggage (at least at this time) for the flight home. When packing for the cruise, just remember the weight limitations for the flight home.
Can Big White assist with the air?
- Big White is able to book discounted (subject to availability) air rates with WestJet to a variety of locations out of Kelowna. Currently they have seats available on February 15th for $311.74 (including taxes CAN) from Kelowna via Calgary and onto LA. This is a 6 hour flight with the connection.
This is a direct quote from Big White. So the price would be about $290 USD. Let me know if you are interested getting your air through Big White, contact Gene.
Is there a fuel surcharge on the cruise?
- The cruise company reserves the right to re-instate the fuel supplement for all guests should the price of light sweet crude oil according to the NYMEX (New York Mercantile Exchange Index) increase above $65 per barrel. Onboard service charges are additional and will be automatically added to your onboard account, and are subject to your discretion.
Download Big White Flyer here.
Download Big White Sign-up Form here.